What are you reading now?

It is actually hard to keep track. My hope is to share authors and books that I enjoy with the rest of you and embarrass myself enough with the semi-public disclosure of my reading habits that I will no longer read absolute trash.


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Floundering Again...

I've been reading a lot lately... ok, I read a lot normally. I have been reading more than normal lately. Part of this is due to the lack of anything good to watch on T.V. I've been slightly enchanted by Glee and regularly watch The Good Wife, but other than giving House or Bones an occasional glance I could do without the T.V. entirely. Well, until June and TrueBlood- but that's another unhealthy journal entry.

I'm being diligent about Traveling Mercies, using is more as a daily point of inspiration than a novel. But otherwise, I have been floundering in my selections, stopping midway to read something else and come back. This is unlike me. I follow through even when painful, but my attention is scattered. I'm midway through Immortal in Death and now threw down Embers if a fit of disgust last night. If I can't keep my attention on a book, I can't get truly sucked in and that's always what I'm looking for.

I have finished a few books since my last entry, but nothing that memorable. I read yet another Elizabeth Rolls, but definitely think I need more time between her books. They are generally good little escapes, but I feel ridiculous reading them at present. I also finished Storm Born in another series by Richelle Mead. I'm diligently trying to get enamored with her after some other trusted readers I know recommended both the Georgia Kincaid and the Dark Swan series, but I have a bad case of the icks or perhaps more accurately the indifferents. It isn't as if Storm Born was a bad book and I will likely eventually sit down to read the sequel Thorn Queen. I just don't feel that compelled to know what happens next, which is extremely unusual.

I've been switching between Urban Fantasy mystery and Regency series too much lately. Perhaps its time to go back to solid mysteries for a while again. Change in genre- maybe that's what I need.

I am excited about a few upcoming titles. The new Sookie Stackhouse is coming to a Kindle near you on May 4th. The new Blackdagger Brotherhood is out April 27th (though they are jacking me around on whether it will be offered on the Kindle or not). I'm also pretty stoked to read Soulless by Gail Carriger that I discovered last week. I'm waiting for my trip to KY this weekend to try that one out. Guess I'm not doing a very good job with that change in genre thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment